A Photo Essay
(you remember those essays that you had to write at the beginning of the school year, after summer vacation?!...)


Just a week into it, and I'm a maniac. I know, I know, I'm a crazy party animal. And an extra special shout-out to all those crazy people who complain about how "hard" it must be for teachers to only work nine months a year, and to "do nothing" during our summer. To them I say...yes, obviously, I spend the other three months living on the edge. (whatever. :P)
P.S. Watch for my workout dvd "Crunches and Crutches" coming to stores this fall. :P
8 comments:
Shauna- It's been a long time since we've talked, but I do check into your blog every once in awhile. What exactly happened? I hope your recovery is going well.
Jenny, I started off my summer with surgery (on my heel) for a bone spur- right after school got out. I get to to the same thing in a few weeks on the other foot! Right now I am glad that I;m a teacher that has some time to recoup without having to make sub plans! :)
So sorry you have to go through that. I'm glad you have the summer to take time to relax and recover. It was fun reading your comment on my blog. I remember those camp days with you. It's funny how in many ways it doesn't seem that long ago and then reality sets in.
Yikes Shauna that doesn't sound fun. I hope those chicken nuggets helped to ease the pain:)
I would be watching SO MUCH TV if I were you right now. Do you need some good book recommendations?? I just read The Giver but Darin thinks you already read it. How about The Whistling Season or My name is Asher Lev? I actually haven't read either but have them on hold at the library.
Ouch! Hope you get feeling better soon!
Yes Elisa, the nuggets helped. James was a good sport to get them. (It was the only thing that sounded good to eat...I know most would find it appaling) I am spending way too much time on my butt these days. I've been doing some reading and trying to scrapbook some stuff. I do well (or what I think is well) for a couple of days, and then realize I've over done it, and have to scale it down again. Eh! I can't wait to do it all over again soon with the other foot! (Yes, I know, there I go again, living on the edge... ) btw I can't remember if I have read The Giver...I haven't read Whistling Season- but I have read Asher Lev- years and years ago... If you ever want, I could send some books your way, after I've read them. (as long as you don't scroutenize my choices in reading materials!:)
Shauna - how are you doing? hope you are partying it up! Yikes... poor girl. we love you and are thinking of you. take care of you. hope to see you VERY soon. love to you and james.
regan and vanessa
Post a Comment