Monday, December 11, 2006




I need to do something exciting, so that I have something exciting to post.

With that said, I am posting something boring:P

Last week at school we did a gingerbread man/gingerbread house week. Instead of making a big gingerbread man, we made individual gingerbread man heads. (using my dad’s infamous gingersnap recipeJ) They turned out pretty cute, so I thought I’d post a picture.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute cookies. Mine have never turned out looking like that. You must have an "added touch" to make them that fancy. I'll have to play with the recipe some time and see what I can come up with.

Serendipity said...

Cute! His gingersnap recipe really is the best! What other fun things did you do in your gingerbread man/house unit?????

Your pages for the 2006 book turned out great...

shauna said...

Cristin- Just because of the groups I have this year (you taught, you know what I mean...just think 3,4,5,and two six year olds:) we didn't do a gingerbread man hunt, like we usually do. We made houses using graham crackers and milk boxes, a lot of patterning and matching, button sorting, prepostions with the gingerbread man on the fox, under the river blah.blah.blah. etc. etc. The recipe is a keeper for next year- for sure!

shauna said...

Dad,
There isn't an added touch. We just added candy:P

Anonymous said...

Have you ever read the Stinky Cheese Man? I can't remember the whole title but that is one of the stories. Miriam sometimes says to me "Run run as fast as you can you can't catch me I'm the stinky cheese man!" which is funny until she calls someone else a stinky cheese man.

Anonymous said...

Mmm, Dad's gingersnaps are the best and they look very festive as gingerbread men! You must be looking forward to Christmas break as much as your students!

shauna said...

No, I think MUCH MORE:) My parties were today (I don't have students on Fridays). I will have fun at work tomorrow enjoying my peace and quiet, while the rest of the school is going crazy nuts with parties and festivities:P