Saturday, November 25, 2006




A feast x 2! What a thing to do!

I guess it was more like a feast x 3 by the time James and I had our own dinner... but I am happy to report that I survived the week, and I am now in recovery:P

Our feast menu at school included:
-pumpkin mousse
-mini (Indian) corn cobs (pictured above)
-mini cornucopias
-homemade Mac & Cheese
-Stone Soup

Families brought treats to share if they could, and there was a much better turn out than I had thought there would be. (I have a lot of parents that work during the day this year versus swing and graveyard) The kids made place cards with their names, to show where they would sit. There were lots of treats and lots of fun. (and I survived, which was a bonus:P)

Our feast at home included:
-turkey and stuffing
-mashed potatoes and gravy
-James' infamous yams (the BEST!)
-mom's fruit salad
-Lephrechaun salad (a James favorite)
-Dad's rolls (and sweet rolls Friday morning:)
-pineapple pie (a James favorite!) and pumpkin pie

We are enjoying leftovers and made mom's great turkey-spinach casserole to use some leftovers. (and pumpkin pie for breakfast isn't too bad:) (jk)

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh sounds great. So cool that you had a Thanksgiving dinner with your kids!
I have never ever heard of pineapple pie but I believe pumpkin pie makes a wonderful breakfast...fiber, beta carotene I am sure other good stuff. It's got to be better than a donut.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a nice relaxing(?) Thanksgiving! It is so fun to see what you are doing with your class. Your children are lucky to have you as a teacher. Those are things they will always remember.