Sunday, September 02, 2007


To blog or not to blog......


I am debating on whether to keep my blog (although I haven't posted anything since June- pathetic- I know). There were some summer events, or course, that I should blog about, but it's been so long, others have already posted, and I don't have much of anything "new" to contribute. Now that work has started again my focus drastically changes and will be that way until next summer...
So what should I do? I'm blogged down.

6 comments:

The Soap People said...

You've got to keep blogging! Even if it is just a short post now and then. . . . It is always fun to see your fun school projects. Just my $0.02.

-Your little bro.

Elisa said...

I think everyone goes through this dilemma. Wondering if it's worth your time and effort to blog, it's a question only you can answer.

For me, there is no other place I am documenting little events and daily life for our family, so I have motivation to keep on blogging. It's when I get sidetracked by wondering if anyone is reading, or feeling panicked about not sending good mail, or start comparing myself/mylife to others, that I start feeling like I should quit. If I worry too much about what others might think than blogging becomes a chore rather than something fun.

I guess just weigh the pros and cons. The pros your blog creates for me are #1 I feel like I know you better #2 I love reading about the fun things you do with students #3 You leave cute comments on other family members blogs. We would miss your blog, but understand completely if you decide its just not good time management.

vanessa said...

Wow! Ive been feeling like WHY??? I dont have many that read the few posts I do... I really don't feel like apart of "the circle"... I see everyone with Good Mail? What the heck is that about, Im not sure... I guess working kinda puts us back stage of all the foo foo... I wish I had little ones to brag about and I wish I had wonderful projects to post, I don't oh well!!! Please keep going we love to read about your fun things, even if its once in a while... We love you

Serendipity said...

I totally agree with Elisa (she put it perfectly)...
It is a great journal of sorts...
A great way to keep family informed of your activities...
And, the great thing about it is you set the rules...
There is no right (or wrong) way to blog...
You decide if (and when) you want to do it...

silversmith said...

We hope you will continue!! (says the guy who hasn't posted for over 2 months) We do enjoy reading your posts and also the posts from others on our list. We have learned so much about our loved ones through the posts they share.

silversmith said...

Hey! I will race you to see who can post something first! A super size Sonic drink to the winner! :-)