Thursday, November 01, 2007

"Only food goes in your mouth."



This is something that my students hear me say a lot. It is one of my "big rules", and one that I don't have many exceptions to. These are two of the treats that we made for yesterday's party- witches' hats and ghosts. These pictures were taken when my camera was on the fritz, so I am sad to say that I do not have a picture of the bat brew, nor the infamous boogers on a stick. Maybe when I get pictures developed, I can get them scanned in?... And we don't eat like this everyday- just holidays! We should be eating normal snacks until our Family Feast - but even then it is "pretty normal" food. :) Stayed tuned for details....






7 comments:

silversmith said...

How can we get the recipe for boogers on a stick? sounds delicious! (jk)

Elisa said...

Miriam is dying to make these even though it's now November. Too bad she doesn't have you for a preschool teacher, she would be in heaven.

Sarah said...

I think my son might have the recipe for boogers on a stick, he makes them on a daily basis. Love the witches hats and the ghosts! That looks like so much fun!

Serendipity said...

Very fun! Anna would LOVE to make these. Are these in your 'end of the year' class recipe book???

shauna said...

Yes Cristin. All the things we cook go in the cookbook. I already have the recipes planned for our Family Feast. I'm not sure how many families will be able to attend, but we are making some things that the kids can take home for their families to enjoy at home- (a lot work during the day, or are on graveyard and are sleeping)

Sarah said...

I seriously told Elisa on Halloween that next year I'm going to be the Queen of Hearts! Great minds think alike huh? I'm probably going to get a costume off the internet and pay way too much and it won't be nearly as cute as yours, but that's how I roll.

vanessa said...

So much fun! Lucky lucky kids!I really miss having my kids little so I can have fun like this... you get year after year fun!!! Lucky kids and lucky you.