Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"Off with their heads!!"


The Queen of Hearts

Well, here it is! I don't have any really great pictures yet of me in the costume... (my digital camera is on the fritz- big time) But here it is. The frilly thing is a tulle slip and next to it is a matching purse. It is way cuter than the picture shows.

We made bat brew, boogers on a stick, and vegetable skeletons today. Yesterday we made witches' hats and ghosts (edible!) -And doing that with 3-5 year olds x 2 classes. I'm DONE:)


























6 comments:

silversmith said...

That is one costume I would never have guessed. Very nice. When do we get to see it on you? I am concerned though about your menu. If you eat that at school, what in the world would you eat at HOME?. Your mom also thinks the costume is neat and wishes she had one like it for next year when she goes trick or treating.

Alicia said...

This is an amazing costume! I bet your kids loved it!

Elisa said...

I love it!!! I love when teachers go all out for Halloween, so fun! We need to see a picture of you IN it.

Serendipity said...

Such a cute costume...you have to post pictures of you in it...(I love the little handbag...)

You'll have to recap all the costumes you've had made for you! Do you recycle, or do you plan out a new costume for each Halloween???

shauna said...

I've had a new costume each year for the past few years. This year I was the Queen of Hearts, the year before I was an Autumn nymph, the year before I was a princess. That was the first year that I had my costume made. I'm hooked! The lady that sews is so amazing. She used a picture that I found to make my dress this year. I think she may have used parts of different patterns. You can't see it well enough (maybe when I replace my dying camera...) but she made the necklace/choker that has a little mini queen of hearts card, and then of course, she made the matching purse.

vanessa said...

Oh-my-good-ness... AMAZING
You are so cute, you are the "DREAM TEACHER". I wish you were one of my teachers! Love you