Monday, November 20, 2006



Gobble Gobble!

This little guy was at my feast last year. We are not making turkeys this year, but we are making some other fun treats (to be posted later when I have pictures).

It started me thinking about some of my favorite holiday foods/comfort foods. Some of these include:

- My mom's fruit salad

- My dad's homemade rolls (I've never had

better)

-vanilla Cokes from Brad's

(it's a Cedar City thing)

- breakfast or dinner at Market Grill (another

Cedar thing)

What are your favorite comfort foods (holiday or otherwise)?!....

5 comments:

Serendipity said...

Very cute...I love all the variations of this little turkey.

Comfort foods...hmmmm....

Dad's rolls
The 'orange stuff' salad
Kraft Mac & Cheese (Can that be a comfort food?)
Aztec Chicken (Something I make for my kiddos in the crockpot...)

Are you working this week? We have the week off...Pete's parents come today (Tuesday)...

shauna said...

Mmm...Mac and Cheese! We made homemade Mac and Cheese for our feast tomorrow:) I have tomorrow and then we're done for the week:)

Anonymous said...

Danish Christmas Dinner (cabbage, caramel potatoes, pork loin, rice alamond, ebelskebers sp?)

Potatoe Salad, you know how everyone has there mayo/mustard ratio...I guess the one grow up with seems to remain the "way it should be".

Clam Chowder (and yes Dad's version is up there with the best I had in Boston)

French Toast

Anonymous said...

Danish Christmas Dinner (cabbage, caramel potatoes, pork loin, rice alamond, ebelskebers sp?)

Potatoe Salad, you know how everyone has their mayo/mustard ratio...I guess the one grow up with seems to remain the "way it should be".

Clam Chowder (and yes Dad's version is up there with the best I had in Boston)

French Toast

shauna said...

Ah! Elbelskibers....James' grandma- or great grandma made them. He loves them. We are one of those few couples that owns their own abelskiver pans. (impressive, right:)