Monday, November 06, 2006


What is that?! Well, it's a scarecrow cookie of course. (That was your guess, I know) I made these with my kids. They are easy, and if you like butterscotch and/or peanut butter, you can make just the cookies, and not add a face:) although it won't be as cute:P

Scarecrow Heads
1 1/2 - 2 cups butterscotch chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
5-6 cups cornflake cereal
M & Ms
Thin red licorice
Bugle Snacks
Melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter. Fold into cornflakes. Form into cookie shape and place on wax paper. Add M&M eyes and nose, licorice mouth, and use a Bugle for a scarecrow hat. Put in the fridge until set. Yummy! (even without the face parts:)

4 comments:

Elisa said...

Your school never ceases to amaze me. You cook?! We only got gram crackers and milk cartons for snack!

I wish I would have read your blog earlier this would have been a fun treat for my Joy School lesson. Alas...it's tomorrow so I don't have time to get it together, and it's my last week to teach.

shauna said...

It's not the school, it's just me. The next "big" plans will be for our family feast...sorry I didn't post it earlier. It was a crazy weekend....

Anonymous said...

Fun - hmm, I'll have to start watching your blog for possibly nursery ideas!

Anonymous said...

Those cookies are so cute! We made a whole Halloween dinner one year from one of those Family Fun magazines. I just love Halloween, even when it snows!