This is so dumb- I know...but everyone else did it so.....
for the three people that read this blog....
100 Things about me (in random order)
1. This is the first year in the seven years that I have been teaching, that I have my own classroom
2. I've taught children with special needs as long as I've been a teacher
3. My husband and I met in the dorms when we were both undergrad students (romantic- not. I was living in the dorms, he was living off campus)
4. I buy most of my clothes at one store, because I love their style, and it's perfect "for teachers" (I'm sure my husband is glad that it's 500 miles away:)
5. I had a dance scholarship in college
6. I counted out 365 Hershey Kisses and 365 Hershey Hugs for my husband when we celebrated our first anniversary
7. My husband and I ride a Harley (love it!)
8. I have an associates degree, two bachelor's degrees, and two master's degrees
9. I have had an entrapped nerve on one foot and a cyst on a bone of the other foot (see #15)
10. I (my husband and I) spent our first Christmas Eve as a married couple in the ER
11. I take medication to keep my head on straight
12. I am easily depressed and overwhelmed (see #11)
13. I love junk food
14. I can make a mean mini-pizza
15. I've had surgery on both feet (the before and after pictures are amazing)
16. I love pumpkins- I drag my husband to the pumpkin patch so I can take pictures
17. I love vanilla cokes (btw- Brad's in Cedar City Utah makes THE BEST)
18. I have snorkled in a natural crater
19. I highly dislike wearing shoes
20. I love ice cream - especially with little candies in it
21. I "gave up" cooking in grad school and have never really gone back (thus the frozen lasagna that is cooking as I type)
22. I like to eat cold cereal without milk, although I am not opposed to milk (it drives my husband nuts)
23. I like ladybugs and butterflies
24. My mom and I share a birthday
25. I collect "silly socks" (some of my best include flying pigs, toe socks, ice cream cones....)
26. My wedding cake was inspired by a Martha Stewart cake
27. I am a smaller size now than when I was a teenager
28. I am a big scaredy cat
29. My husband is a great gift giver- some examples include Llardro figurines, spa appointments,...
30. I love Disney - regardless of what others think about it
31.The only broken bones I've ever had were surgically broken
32. I am allergic to penecillin
33. I am also allergic to the colors brown and green (that's what my husband says!), it's acutally things that grow, bloom, or have seeds, spores, or pollenate
34. Two of my favorite flowers are Joseph Coat Roses and Bleeding Hearts
35. My favorite plant is ivy (I had ivy in my wedding boquet)
36. I collect minitature tea sets
37. I have been white water rafting
38. I watch WWE Wrestling
39. I collect S'more Figurines (but sadly, they are hard to find)
40. I have a soupie (or whatever you want to call it)- that I move from room to room to wrap myself in
41. I love children's books
42. I have my own die cut machine
43. I have an eclectic taste in music
44. I have been chased by a fish (by my adoring husband...the fish was no longer alive, but...)
45. My feet have ridicously high arches
46. My favorite colors are earth tones- greens, browns, orange...
47. I want to plant a garden, but I have no idea how to
48. I don't eat as well as I should
49. I need to exercise- but I am always too tired
50. One of my favorite snacks are snap peas- I could eat them everyday of my life
51. My other favorite (category) of vegetables is squash. Love it!
52. My favorite season is autumn
53. I keep t-shirts for sentimental reasons
54. I was made an "honorary techie" when I danced in college
55. I love Shakespeare
56. I love poetry- I am better at understanding it than writing it
57. I am the slowest scrapbooker ever
58. I cannot keep my house as clean or as organzied as it should be
59. I have shot off pyrotechnics
60. I have the flowers from my bridal boquet and my husband's boutonniere
61. The older I get, the less I care about having the approval of others, or being liked by everyone
62. I love gummy candies
63. I know how to fold a theatre backdrop
64. I have almost been in a flash flood
65. I love chicken nuggets and fries from McDonalds (I know....it's not healthy)
66. I like to go camping
67. I love chocolate (hot chocolate, candy bars, chips....)
68. I love pointy, sharp, Crayola Crayons
69. I love the mountains and the ocean
70. I have to pop my joints every night before I go to bed
71. I am a major popcorn eater
72. I have climbed up and down a jacob's ladder (do you know what that is?)
73. I love burning candles
74. I love flowers
75. I love to take naps, but I don't take enough
76. I love songs from Broadway musicals
77. I still use the pottery- everyday, that I got when I got married (Pfaltzgraff- Naturewood)
78. I have too many favorite flavors of ice cream to choose just one (cherry chocolate chip, chocolate chip cookie dough are top contenders)
79. I love cheese ravioli with alfredo sauce
80. I love the atmosphere of "coffee houses"
81. I have had pins in my feet
82. One of my all time favorite poems is Howl by Ginsberg
83. I love the artwork of James C. Christensen
84. I have a treat drawer at work with candy and other junk to get me through the day
85. Hot Tamales candies help me think (so I like to think)
86. I love Krispy Kreme donuts
87. I test positive for TB
88. I love different kinds of seashells
89. I have been panning for gold
90. Sometimes I miss my college days of dancing
91. I have the hardest time buying stickers for scrapbooking, even though I love stickers
92. I am picky about the shoes that I wear (the surgically altered feet)
93. I prefer writing in blue ink versus black
94. I (we) have a bathrobe from the B & B that we stayed at on our honeymoon (yes, they were paid for)
95. I am getting back into the habit of reading for enjoyment and not for grad school
96.I made it through all of my schooling, including grad school without any student loans
97. My family has the best family reunions
98. I look forward to our family's newsletter every month - even though I don't have anything exciting to write about
99. I make a cookbook every year for my students with the recipes that we cooked throughout the year
100. I have a scrapbook of each year that I have taught/that I teach
I am no longer going to think about anything I like, have done, or do, for a while !
10 comments:
Yeah! I'm so glad you posted this. :) So glad, in fact, that I am going to make my first comment ever on a blog. I'm just using the account that we set up to show our soaps. Anyway, it was fun to read your list of 100. (I have one too, but I think I will keep it for my own personal journal for now.) I especially liked #98. I'm glad you enjoy the newsletter. :) I am so happy that everyone is willing to contribute to it each month. Well, I need to get back to working on my thesis.
-Your little bro
So fun to read your 100 list - not too many surprises! Already looking forward to this years #97. Love ya!
I loved reading your list! I learned a lot of things about you! You forgot to tell people that you were a nanny for the most adorable little girls in the world! haha... alright love you!
I guess I'm predictable (or is that boring?)... There are a few things that I could have added that aren't predictable...but I'm not sure that mom and dad (g'ma and g'pa) want to know those things:P (jk) (or am I:o...)
PS I did nanny- and those girls are adorable, and not too disturbed or damaged from my care!?...)
So fun to read! I was surprised by a few! I love that Hot Tamales give you energy:)
Darin won't let me post his 100 so if you want to read it you'll have to have him email it to you.
Well, I'm not sure if Hot Tamales really help me think, but I like to think they help me think... I also had an incident with sour straws in college once. I craved them so bad I was practically crying. I had to bolt to the bookstore to get some. It was awful.
And tell that mellow fellow of a husband of yours that he doesn't have any say if you post a 100 list:P (and then email it to me:)
Fun list Shauna...I like your new blog look too!
Happy, happy easter...have fun with family!
Thanks for posting the fun list. We should have discussed it more while you were here. (Especially those things you DIDN'T post!) We will have to discuss those some day!
What's not on the list- stays off the list! :)
Post a Comment